Sunday, September 2, 2012

Loving Falafel Not

Why do I continue to order a dish that I have never truly liked. Falafel to me has always struck me as something I would surely love to eat. It is deep fried and contains ingredients that I love to eat including garbanzo beans, onion, garlic parsley/cilantro cumin etc.. Recently I ordered falafel for the umpteenth time and sure enough after a couple of bites I wondered why I ordered it. As usual I found it to have a very dense texture with a heaviness that muted most of the flavor. The tahini sauce helps but I could order the tahini sauce and skip the falafel and not miss it.This has repeated itself over the years.  Initially, I thought that I was not getting good falafel. But it has been many years and different locales and their have been no winners. Freud talks about repitition compulsion. Maybe this what he meant. I should note that the tahini sauce  is great on french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment